Here's what you will need:
- A base coat and top coat
- A matte black nail polish
- A red or orange nail polish
- A white nail polish
- A nail art pen or something similar
1) Paint a base coat over the nail. Once base is dry, use a matte black to paint all of the nails. I used Revlon Chalk Board nail art pen in 'Study Date'.
2) Once the black is dry, get a white nail polish and paint a 'U' shape. Fill in the space with white. I used 17 Lasting Fix in 'Mini Skirt'. You may need a couple of coats to get a full cover over the black.
3) Next up is the beak! Grab an orange or red nail polish and paint a tiny triangle overlapping the top of the white and the black. I used the Revlon Chalk Board in 'Study Date' because the peach side has a nail art pen which is really useful for this bit.
4) Get a nail art pen or alternative use a cocktail stick to dip into the white and put two white eyes above the beak. I used some old tweezers I have that had a very fine point but anything thin will do!
5) This is more or less finished now! I added a top coat to seal the design. You could also get a fine black pen and dot in the eyes to make them a bit more realistic.
Hope you enjoyed this nail tutorial, leave your links in the comments below if you try it out :)